Herndon Farmers Market, SNAP and FISH
SNAP offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities. SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is the largest program in the domestic hunger safety net.
FISH helps SNAP families to double their spending dollars on fresh local produce purchased at the Herndon Farmers Market, Thursdays, May 7 – November 12, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Lynn Street in historic downtown Herndon. Come buy your veggies!
FISH at Senior Health Fair
FISH was a local organization offering services at Reston’s Senior Health and Safety Fair, co-hosted by the Reston Community Center and Reston Association, on Friday, April 24, 2015. FISH encourages seniors to volunteer with us, shop at The Bargain Loft, and call for medical rides.
Congratulations 2015 Star FISH
• CDW (FISH Fling & Holiday Baskets)
• Jocelyne Colao (Bargain Loft)
• Mike & Jane Drewes (FISH Fling)
• Diane Mandel (Family Assistance)
• Chuck Veatch (Bargain Loft – Inventory & Supply Storage)
Raffle Winners at the 2015 FISH Fling
First prize is one week (Sept. 27 – Oct. 4) at Club la Costa at Marina del Sol in Spain. Donated by Chris Griffin & Don Owens. Winners: Jocelyne & Joseph Colao
Second prize includes THREE Washington Redskin Tickets for Pre-season Game #1 with Parking. Donated by Sean Godfrey. Winner: Marybeth Love
O’Sullivans Irish Pub Gives to FISH
O’Sullivans Irish Pub in Herndon supported FISH by donating to the 2015 FISH Fling Silent Auction and designating FISH as a preferred charity in its “Win a Trip to Ireland” raffle. A portion of all ticket sales came to FISH! Thank you to everyone who supported and participated in the raffle.
FISH Donates to Empty Bowls Fundraising
The Empty Bowls Project is an international grassroots effort to raise both money and awareness in the fight to end hunger. Local fundraisers help ensure residents have enough to eat in our community.
Latest FISH Newsletters/Annual Reports
A complete archive of newsletters from 2013 and earlier can be found here.
FY 2015 Corporate and Community Grants/Sponsorships
FISH continues to receive grants and donations from many community organizations, corporations, foundations, and trusts. In addition, many individuals donate generously to FISH. We are fortunate to have so many supporters that help us provide assistance to our neighbors in need.
- Fairfax County Consolidated Community Funding Pool
- John Edward Fowler Memorial Foundation
$10,000 – $19,999
- Bradley Farms Homeowners Association
- United Way Workplace Giving
- The Closet
- RealNetworks Foundation Matching GIfts Program
$5,000 – $9,999
- Volkswagen Group of America
- Reston Community Center (RCC)
$2,500 – $4,999
- Community Foundation for National Capital Region
- Dominion Foundation
- National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative
- Philip L. Graham Fund
- United Christian Parish
$1,000 – $2,499
- America’s Charities – Employee Giving
- DaVita Dialysis
- Griffin-Owens & Associates
- Exxon Mobil Foundation
- Herndon Rotary Club
- Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church
- St. Anne’s Episcopal Church
- St. Joseph’s Catholic Church
- St. John Neumann Catholic Community
- St. Mark Catholic Church
- Verizon Foundation