Don’t forget our Pre-Holiday Clearance Sale from Nov 4th-22nd. Great bargains and holiday pieces are waiting for you! The Holiday Shop opens at 10am on Tuesday, November 25th.
The Bargain Loft was started in 1981 as a volunteer-run thrift store selling household items, furniture, toys and more. Profits generated by The Bargain Loft support the FISH assistance program, providing residents with emergency needs. Barbara Williams and April Elliott oversee the operations of The Bargain Loft.
The Bargain Loft staff consists of 125 volunteers. Volunteer responsibilities are:
1) Cashier and Wrappers: work behind the counter ringing up and wrapping customer purchases;
2) Pricers: sort, clean and price incoming donations;
3) Electronics: clean, test and price electronics;
4) Greeter: welcome customers, answer customer questions, rove the store;
5) General Help: break down boxes, take seasonal items to storage, assist donors with incoming donations.
336 Victory Drive | Herndon, VA 20170 | 703-437-0600
Donations are accepted during business hours. For furniture donations please call ahead to make sure we have room. Furniture can be brought in through our front doors. Regular household donations can be brought in through our back door which is located behind the green recycle trash can in our main parking lot. We accept donations which are clean, in good repair and working order.
General Guidelines for Donations:
- antiques, artwork, and collectibles,
- readable books,
- small electronic items (small appliances, laptop computers, flatscreen monitors, radios, vacuum cleaners, cameras, stereo equipment, etc.),
- household items (decorative items, glassware, dishes, pots/pans, linens, curtains, lamps, etc.),
- musical instruments,
- record albums, CD’s, DVD’s, cassette tapes,
- office supplies,
- women’s better label clothing, clean and on hangers (Talbot’s, Ann Taylor, Chico’s, Nordstrom, etc.),
- wood furniture in good repair.
We do not accept:
- large appliances,
- baby items (strollers, cribs, swings, car seats, etc.),
- used blinds or shades,
- text books, reference manuals, encyclopedias,
- used ceiling fans and light fixtures,
- children’s toys not made in USA,
- desktop computers, regular monitors, old printers and scanners,
- used humidifiers and dehumidifiers,
- metal desks and filing cabinets,
- exercise equipment,
- upholstered furniture,
- glass shelving, unframed glass/mirrors,
- large stereo speakers, televisions.
The Bargain Loft also sells items on eBay. Please check out our eBay store DownstairsUpstairs.
Check out our latest photos on Facebook!