Visit the Bargain Loft for furniture, antiques, collectibles, jewelry, books, gifts, artwork, pottery, silver plate, woodwork, dishes, brass, glass and household necessities.
The Bargain Loft was started in 1981 as a volunteer-run thrift store selling household items, furniture, collectibles and more. Profits generated by The Bargain Loft support the FISH Assistance program helping residents with short term emergency needs. Barbara Williams and April Elliott oversee the operations of The Bargain Loft.
The Bargain Loft staff consists of 125 volunteers. Volunteer responsibilities are:
1) Cashier and Wrappers: work behind the counter ringing up and wrapping customer purchases;
2) Pricers: sort, clean and price incoming donations;
3) Electronics: clean, test and price electronics;
4) Greeter: welcome customers, answer customer questions, rove the store;
5) General Help: break down boxes, take seasonal items to storage, assist donors with incoming donations.
336 Victory Drive | Herndon, VA 20170 | 703-437-0600
Donations are accepted during business hours. For furniture donations, please call ahead to ensure we have room for them. Furniture can be delivered through our front doors. Household donations can be brought in through our back door (located behind the green recycle-trash can in our main parking lot). We accept donations that are clean, in good repair and working order.
General Guidelines for Donations:
- antiques, artwork, and collectibles,
- readable books,
- small electronic items (small appliances, laptop computers, flatscreen monitors, radios, vacuum cleaners, cameras, stereo equipment, etc.),
- household items (decorative items, glassware, dishes, pots/pans, linens, curtains, lamps, etc.),
- musical instruments,
- record albums, CD’s, DVD’s, cassette tapes,
- office supplies,
- women’s better label clothing, clean and on hangers (Talbot’s, Ann Taylor, Chico’s, Nordstrom, etc.),
- wood furniture in good repair.
We do not accept:
- large appliances,
- baby items (strollers, cribs, swings, car seats, etc.),
- used blinds or shades,
- text books, reference manuals, encyclopedias,
- used ceiling fans and light fixtures,
- children’s toys not made in USA,
- desktop computers, regular monitors, old printers and scanners,
- used humidifiers and dehumidifiers,
- metal desks and filing cabinets,
- exercise equipment,
- upholstered furniture,
- glass shelving, unframed glass/mirrors,
- large stereo speakers, televisions.
The Bargain Loft also sells items on eBay to buyers searching for unique or specific collection items.
Check out our latest photos on Facebook!